20th February 2008
After dinner, i took a tram back home. I saw tram no. 6 showing "NOW" on the screen...without looking at the sign on the tram, i hook up on the tram. I guess i was too tired...work from 8am...so i took a nap....i was a bit blur at that time...i thought the tram really passing High Street, but actually not. When the tram almost reached Stop 40....then i felt the surrounding doesn't look familiar to me..that's the only time i realised i took a wrong tram.. i asked the driver...have u passed Armadale...he said "oh..this is Toorak road". Without second thought i just got down from the tram. The board says..."tram no. 72 Stop 40 Koyoong Road". oopsss...i'm lost.....LOL. hmmm...Koyoong Road really sound familiar to me. I guess i just walk straight along kooyong road and see where i will end up to...just keep walking.....after 10mins...i saw "Baptist Church Armadale"...pheww...i'm now at Armadale....which mean my house very nearby. yeah..."thank you"...hehehehe. I just follow my instinct and i manage to go to the right direction. This was not the first incident...i just try my second luck and it works.
The first time was happened when i was at Hong Kong few years back. At that time i was working at Guangzhou, China. I work almost everyday including weekends. I was holidng double entry visa...so i need to get out from China and re-enter again to renew my visa. The nearest place that i can get out from China and allow to renew commonwealth passport is Hong Kong. At that time, i don't have time to book hotel or get some info from internet about Hong Kong. I just asked my colleague to brought me to take a bus to Hong Kong. I was excited, coz that was my first time to Hong Kong....but i didn't realise many things i haven't prepared due to too much work. I still remembered, the time i went to bus station...i just finished my work..then grab a passport and few clothes, then headed to bus station. It was such a relieved once i'm in the bus....no need to think about work, just relax and time to explore Hong Kong for the first time. After a few hours journey....i reached Hong Kong...that's the time i realised "oh shit....where should i stop???"...the bus conductor announced..."here is Kowloon..anyone wanna get down here??"...i started to panic...shit..where should i get down? after few second....i started to think kowloon....hmmm...sounds very familiar to me...always heard it from hk movie..."kowloon tong" - prostitute area....should be famous city..eventhough i'm not heading to "kowloon tong". :P
I thought it will be alright, as long as i got down to famous city and took a cab to hotel, then everything will be alright.
After i got down from the bus...i took out my wallet and trying to call a cab...."oh shit (again)... i don't have hongkong dollar...just RMB. How i'm gonna take a cab". "what should i do". Time for following my instinct again... hehehehe...this time i got an idea....i will follow the direction where the most people walk to... I just follow the majority.. LOL. After few minutes walk...ohh...i was so relieved...i saw money exchange counter and a magazine shop. First thing, i need to get some exchange, then get a map. I went in there...grab a map and heading to the counter. Before i pay the money, i realised the map was written in chinese...."once again...shit....i can't read chinese". LOL. "What's next???" sigh... ok...time to think......The train station just next to it...where can i go, if i take a train?
after few times walking forward and backwards.....i decided to follow the same idea i had before...follow the majority...LOL.. this time........i end up at a big shopping mall....pheww....relieved again. ok ok...now look at the directory and find bookshop to get a map. At last i found a map written in english....walk to the counter...ooppsss...my brain started to be smart again...LOL.. "What can i do with the map? I don't even have a place to stay...How can i get a place to stay?..reasonable price and comfortable...due to company budget. I went to the counter to ask whether the map (like a booklet) have a list of all the accomodation in Hong Kong?... he said "i'm afraid not"....LOL.."how many more shit i need to say? LOL", i said to myself. ok ok...calm down...think think think.....ok, i got an idea....look for cybercafe...i asked the receptionist, "do you know any cybercafe around?"...he replied, "i'm not really sure, you can try to search around"...i replied, "ok ok, thank you"....i put back the map and start to search for cybercafe.
After few minutes, i found a free internet services at coffee shop, but i need to get a drink then only i'm allow to use the internet services. All the computers were occupied. :( I just standing outside, keep staring at the computers area...LOL..i hope nobody think i'm crazy.... I waited for about 10 to 20minutes, then i started to search "yahoo.com" to find accomodation. I can't remember the exact website link...but it was sort of like an agent who giving promotion to hotels at HongKong. I managed to found "YMCA", it was cheap and i'm alright with it. The pictures looks ok.
Ok..i wrote down the contact numbers and made a call at public phone..oopsss...it goes to voicemail..."sorry, now is after office hour, please call back tommorrow"
oopsss....i'm in big trouble....i guess i really gonna sleep at the street. LOL.
I can't afford to get an expensive due to the money i had on hand. What i should i do? phhewww...need to use my wisdom again...LOL...oh ok....i can call "YMCA" directly by getting the number from phone directory. At that time, i run out of coins....LOL.. Luckily the public phone at Hongkong give free services for calling phone directory...so cool. Hehehe. I called up...and talk to them. Intially, they don't accept the "internet price", coz that has to gone through agent...but after few explanation....they gave me the price and i can check in anytime soon. phheww....now everything relieved.....i don't have to sleep on the street anymore. LOL. Anyway, i had a great exprienced at Hong Kong. ;)
3 comments:
Next time, when you travel to foreign country, make sure you have :
1. Passport
2. Credit Card
I think this the longest story you ever put in your blog despite the picture or you tubes.
I enjoy the story. Even can imagine how you look when you try to think to solve the problem
hey big boy ^^ why you always get lost? huehuehue.
Post a Comment